Friday, July 24, 2009

Weight loss 101

Food Diaries


Hello, one of the most successful things you can do for yourself in your quest to loose weight is to keep a food diary. Though, I have written about this in the past I am compelled to keep pushing it on you all again and again. It really makes all the difference in keeping weight off and learning to eat right.

With the advent of the Internet and sites that track your food it has become even easier to accomplish this. A few posts ago I outlined three sites that provide excellent food tracking logs.

One real world example I can give you is that I have a client that is training with me currently. They give 110% during our two 1-hour sessions a week but every now and then they would put on 3-4 pounds overnight. Well it wasn’t until they accepted my advice and started logging their food that we discovered the culprit. In their case I discovered – after careful examination – that on the days they gained weight they were taking in over 4,000mg of sodium and over 50 grams of saturated fat. They “thought” they were eating healthy and for the most part they were. But we all underestimate the impact of what is contained in our foods. That is why a diary becomes so magical when loosing weight. It allows us to see everything in detail and make conclusions.

I challenge you to keep a food diary for just week through the sites I recommended. I will even sweeten the pot and offer you the benefit of sharing that log and letting me review it for you so I can point or uncover eating trends. I usual charge $50 dollars for this service but I am willing to forgo that to help you out.

By the way my client no longer sees any weight gain and continues to keep a diary daily. In their case I discovered that sodium was making them retain water. Some of the population is susceptible to that and they were one of them. They have learned what a powerful tool a log is to their success.

As a Personal Trainer I give people back their lives, I mend them and make them stronger and healthier. My clients call me a magician because of the results they see when they work with me. But really it is always my clients that have the magical art – I just show then how to conjure up a healthy potion and spell to succeed.

As always - I am available for personal training either in person (if in NJ) or over the web. If you feel you have stalled in your pursuit of fitness and need some expert knowledge to get you on track reach out to me.

Regards,
Eddie Camaroto CPT
Perfect You LLC



No comments: