Monday, June 9, 2008

Exercise Progression - quiz

So lets see if you are all learning from my posts.

Which exercise position utilizes the most muscles for the row.
a) Standing row with barbell - body bent at 90 degrees.
b) Seated row off of a stability ball on a cable machine - one arm back at a time.
c) Standing row with barbell - body bent at 45 degrees.
d) One arm dumbbell row knee on bench.
e) Standing Row on a cable machine - two arms pull back at once.

Send me your answer.

Standing up for an exercise is better then sitting down on a stability ball in most cases.
a) True
b) Doesn't matter significantly.
c) False

Send me your answer.

A functional exercise is one that:
a) Performs a function.
b) Mocks a daily motion or movement in real life.
c) One that can be performed by most people.

Send me your answer.

Using an exercise machine is the best way to work as much muscles as possible due to its design:
a) True
b) It depends
c) False

Send me your answer.

A person with balance problems should NOT do stability ball exercises. (tricky)
a) True.
b) False

Send me your answers.

When you answer these questions you need to mentally picture the exercise in your head and see what muscles are or could be used (Personal Trainers do this alot). Some of them are gotcha questions. But if you put your mind to it and think about it you should get it. I will post the answers and explanations after I have received some answers from you.

As always - I am available for personal training either in person (if in NJ) or over the web. My rates are $75.00 per hour for in-person training and $25.00 per hour for email personal training. If you feel you have stalled in your pursuit of fitness and need some expert knowledge to get you on track reach out to me.

Regards,

Eddie Camaroto CPT

3 comments:

Rose said...

Hi Eddie, Well here goes at shot at the quiz.... B,C,B,C (or B) B.
Let me know how I did :)

Rose said...

Hi Eddie, Let me know how I did on the quiz please :) B,C,B,C(orB), B. Thank you, Rose

Eddie said...

Great job Rose. You got everyone right except the last one (which I made tricky on purpose.

Eddie Camaroto CPT